Check out the Internet from the Burton Public Library!
With your library card you can now borrow a portable Sprint Internet Wi-Fi Hotspot from Burton Library.
Our new wireless lending program is a free service that allows you to take the Internet wherever you go!
Helping to bridge the gaps in access to technology, this service is ideal for those who are unable to access the Internet at home or remotely. A Wi-Fi Hotspot is a small device you can use to connect a wireless enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet, to the Internet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the Internet almost anywhere you are. At home, on a bus, in the park, etc. This hotspot device works in any area covered by the Sprint 3G or 4G LTE network.
Some rules and conditions apply:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must present a valid adult Library Card in good standing at time of checkout.
- Borrower is limited to one Hotspot at a time.
- Hotspots may be checked out for 14 days, no renewals.
- Returned Hotspots may not be available for 24 hours.
- Hotspots may not be returned to other libraries.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning electronic devices.
- HotSpots should never be placed in Library book drop – they could be damaged and you will be responsible for replacement costs. Hotspots must be returned in person to the Checkout Desk.
- Overdue Mobile HotSpots will be deactivated.
- Holds may be placed at the Information Desk.
- You’ll receive notification when a HotSpot becomes available.
- You will have 2 days (48 hours) to check out the HotSpot before your hold is cancelled.Fines & Liability:
- The overdue fine is $1 per day, maximum of $10.
- Mobile HotSpot should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; do not leave it in a car.
- Patrons are responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of Mobile HotSpot and/or cords, adapters, cases, etc.
- HotSpot Device $80
- Case $15
- Adapter $2.50
- USB Cable $2.50